Recreating a popular app is a fun way to learn a lot of complex programming skills.
We’ve released a full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to build an Instagram clone using React Native, Firebase Firestore, Firebase storage, Redux, and Expo. The app includes an authentication system, database, storage, and more.
SimCoder created this course. He’s taught dozens of excellent software courses on his popular YouTube channel.
Creating the app with React Native allows you to use the same code base for both Android and iOS devices.
By the end of this course you will know how to create an app from beginning to end and you will be able to use the skills in your own projects.
Here are the sections in this course:
- Setting up React Native Expo
- Auth System With Firebase and React Native
- Save Data Using Firebase And Redux
- Handling Navigation on React Native
- Using Camera And Image Gallery With React Native
- Saving An Image Post Using Firebase Firestore and Firebase storage
- Displaying User Profile With Firebase Firestore
- Search User By Similar Name with Firebase Firestore
- Follow System Using Firestore And React Native
- Post Feed System With Firebase and React Native
- Logout Firebase Auth And Redux React Native
- Adding User Comments To Posts W/ Firebase Firestore
- Like System Using Firestore
Watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (6-hour watch).